Advertisement

Main Ad

How to increase the sound volume above 100% in Kali Linux

I have an older laptop, 15" display, good sound volume in Windows 10, but whenever I boot into Kali, the sound wasn't that good. So, how can you increase the sound volume above 100% in Kali Linux? Follow the tutorial below and you're good to go. 

Once in Kali Linux, open your console and type the code below:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pavucontrol
 
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pavucontrol

In my case, I already had it installed. So, the next option available for me would be to run the "pavucontrol" command. For this, type in your console:
pavucontrol
pavucontrol

Once you've typed in this command, the GUI should come-up. From here you can increase your volume above 100% in Kali Linux:

pavucontrol GUI


And, this is how you can increase your volume above 100% in Kali Linux.